Bay Earrings - Fossil
I’ve used the shape of these earrings a number of times and for me, it represents the shape of the bay where I live - a wide sweep of a shoreline full of birds, plants and marine life. This pair is decorated with the lines and marks I associate with the local crinoid fossils, their snake-like, segmented stems being seen clearly in the rocks.
These earrings look very much like slate and have a natural look to them despite being made of very light weight, waste industrial plastic. I cut and work the surfaces by hand so it looks scratched and weather worn, not like plastic at all. I then add the embossed detail and fill with white resin before sanding back to reveal the detail below. The wires are made from recycled silver.
- A unique variation in an ongoing series
- 100% recycled silver wires.
- Made from industrial waste plastic.
- Decorated with resin detail
- Each measures 5cm long and wide
- Presented in a gift box with a personal message from me
- Lifetime guarantee means I will undertake repairs at no cost.
- At the end of their life with you, return to me and I will recycle them.