Fossil Fibula Brooch
My jewellery borrows many of its textures and shapes from rocks and pebbles. This one-off brooch is made from beach plastic and using my own unique technique has been inlaid with a pattern inspired by the tiny plant-like stems of the crinoid fossils found in the rocks on my local beach.
The rhythmic marks give it the feel of a classic mid-century modern textile whilst the pin has a more ancient celtic influence - together they make a satisfyingly unified piece. Neutral stone greys mean that it will complement almost any colour and would look great on a knitted jumper, woven jacket or woollen scarf.
- Unique variation in an ongoing series
- Hand forged, 100% recycled silver pin.
- Hand cut from beach plastic.
- Set into resin.
- Measures 7cm across.
- Presented in a gift box with a personal message from me
- Lifetime guarantee means I will undertake repairs at no cost.
- At the end of its life with you, return to me and I will recycle it.